ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mailbox Restore (individual) on Exchange 2010

2010-09-16 09:45:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mailbox Restore (individual) on Exchange 2010
From: Kurt Brabants <Kurt.Brabants AT RIZIV.FGOV DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:43:41 +0200
I don't know which error you got, but we got
    ACN5909E: The MAPI subsystem logon has failed. Please check that you have
an active mailbox and sufficient privileges for this operation

We opened a call with IBM and they said that we needed to install the CAS role
on our Exchange Database server (DAG's).
(It is somewhere in the documentation under requirements)
Our Exchange people didn't like this, so now we will use the TDP GUI to do a
database restore to the Exchange Backup Database and
than use PowerShell (Restore-Mailbox command) to do the mailbox restore.

Kurt Brabants

>>> Danny Schmanny <schmanny AT LGCA DOT ORG> 15/09/2010 22:46 >>>
Greetings:

On our Exchange 2010 server, I launch Tivoli's Data Protection for Microsoft
Exchange Server - Exchange Client GUI (version 6.1.2).  From the main menu, I
select Utilities | Mailbox Restore.  I can select my mailbox name and the
backup date.  Has anyone accomplished the single mailbox restore using this
method?  (I have not been successful - has anyone else been successful?)  I
believe I read that this functionality simply is not available yet though it is
available in the menu and looks like it should work?

If any success stories exist, I will post the error(s) I get when attempting an
individual mailbox restore.

Thanks.

Danny Schmanny

-