ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Webport defaults

2010-09-07 12:04:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Webport defaults
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:04:10 -0500
The port is random unless you define it. You need to allow the program to
listen, once it is allowed to listen it will tell the TSM server what port to
use.
Try this on 2008 and 2008 R2: (use at your own risk, but it is what I use)
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="IBM Tivoli Storage Manager CAD"
dir=in program="C:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmcad.exe" action=allow

To define the ports add this in the dsm.opt and set the node definition on the
TSM server to match.
httpport 1581
webports 1501 1581