ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Vmware VCB & VDR

2010-08-27 12:25:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Vmware VCB & VDR
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:23:41 -0400
On Aug 27, 2010, at 12:12 PM, tkutil wrote:

>> Before submitting such questions, have a look at the mailing list archives
>> (http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l < at > vm.marist.edu/). Many topics have
>> been explored in the past.
>
> I did and learned a tiny bit more, but since I have no experience with TSM
> and have been asked to research TSM & VMware backups I thought it best to
> gather information from real life experiences versus the IBM site.

The mailing list archives consist largely of customer experiences with the
product, providing invaluable insights into realities and facets of TSM.  It's
very much real life experiences, not IBM documentation.  A lot of people have
put time and effort into providing the info, which provides a valuable
repository on numerous explored topics.  In addition, IBM staff members take
time to contribute understanding of various facilities.  There's a lot of
experiential VMware info to be mined there.  If you have questions thereafter,
by all means post to the List.