ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Data Domain: Data Domain, and SQL-Backtrack with Sybase databases

2010-08-26 17:59:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Data Domain: Data Domain, and SQL-Backtrack with Sybase databases
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:58:40 +0100
For the record, here's a link to the GlassHouse white paper - it is very
good but, as Shawn pointed out, rather old now and quite a few of the
figures are out of date (I should disclose I'm doing some Data Domain/TSM
work for GlassHouse at the moment):

http://pdf.edocr.com/6cb6a7b31a5be6dd526302c6e23918d0f37a5669.pdf

There's another paper too from Data Domain which talks very practically
about configuring TSM 5.5 for CIFS, NFS and VTL - I can't find a link for
that online (I can't even remember where I pulled it from now), but if
anyone would like a copy do ping me. Again the recommendation cited in this
is, "Do not enable compression on the TSM Client".

David McClelland
London, UK