ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDPSQL syntax for redirected restores

2010-08-13 07:34:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDPSQL syntax for redirected restores
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:33:21 -0400
Yvonne,

Use the "/SQLSERVER=<instance>" option to indicate which
SQL Server instance you want to talk to. Use this for
all backup and restore operations.
For example:

   TDPSQLC BACKUP * FULL /SQLSERVER=SERVER1\INSTANCE1

   TDPSQL /SQLSERVER=SERVER1\INSTANCE1

For a command-line RESTORE, when restoring FROM a specific instance,
use the '/FROMSQLSERVER=<instance>' option.
For example,

   TDPSQLC RESTORE database1 FULL /RECOVery=Yes
/FROMSQLserver=SERVER1\INSTANCE3

>From the GUI, you do not need to specify the FROMSQLSERVER option,
since it knows which SQL Server to use based on your selection.

For a command-line QUERY, when querying from a specific instance,
use the '/FROMSQLSERVER=<instance>' option.
For example,

   TDPSQLC QUERY TSM * /ALL /FROMSQLserver=SERVER1\INSTANCE4

For more details, please take a look at the User's Guide. It contains
information about these two options as well as some examples.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 08/12/2010
03:33:26 PM: