ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] tsm export/import to another tsm server (performance issue)

2010-08-12 03:06:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] tsm export/import to another tsm server (performance issue)
From: TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:05:02 +0200
hello,

every day i send data (export) from my source server to a target tsm
server. (both 5.5.4.2)

the command is:
export node * domain=tag   filedata=all    mergefilespaces=yes
toserver=xxx_server1 fromdate=today-1 fromtime=10:00:00

an every day i get a message on target system like

ANR0656W IMPORT (from Server yyy_SERVER1): Skipped 4
                          archive files, 1151079 backup files, and 0 space
managed
                          files. (SESSION: 2888, PROCESS: 36)

why there are so much skipped backup files when i only export the backed up
data from the last 24 hours?

the import ist successfull

ANR0986I Process 36 for IMPORT (from Server
                          yyy_SERVER1) running in the BACKGROUND processed
70251
                          items for a total of 193,404,830,165 bytes with a
                          completion state of SUCCESS at 17:26:21.
(SESSION: 2888,
                          PROCESS: 36)

over the time we see some performance issues, it depends not on bandwith or
reading data from source server (all data on disks)
i suggest it depends on growing database size on the target server. now our
export is 3 times slower than on the beginning (200 gb data per day)

will it help to reduce the verexist parameter on the target tsm server, as
today we save 35 versions on both locations?

or will it help to modify the export command, that only backupactive data
will be exported to the target server?

please help with your comments
with best regards

stefan savoric