ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore of encrypted files failing because entered key not recognized

2010-08-05 11:25:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore of encrypted files failing because entered key not recognized
From: "Bruce T. Harvey" <bruce.harvey.nonemployee AT PNC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:24:33 -0400
We are restoring files from our library, which were backed up using an
encryption key we've manually defined.  Most of the time, once I'm
prompted for the key, the restoration goes just dandy.
However, there are some files where the encryption key does not appear to
be accepted, no matter what we do.  We've only ever had this one key, so
we have no idea why TSM is barfing on this.

TSM Version 5, Release 4, Level 2.4, server and client.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Bruce T.

Bruce T. Harvey
AIX Network Engineer

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and
thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. The
postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not
wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at
this e-mail address, click here to unsubscribe.