ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] MS Server 2003, cluster & running out of space...Compression & TSM baclient

2010-08-04 08:09:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] MS Server 2003, cluster & running out of space...Compression & TSM baclient
From: "Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT OA.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 07:08:48 -0500
Good Morning TSMers!

We are running really low on space on our clustered user drive.  I was
thinking we could do the MS compression on the entire drive to get some
space till we move to DFS on 2008.

One of my co-workers said that the reason that this hasn't already been
tried is that there is some kind of issue with TSM-either the backups or
the restores "don't work right".

I am unable to confirm/deny issue via Google... Anyone have anything
definitive on this? Point me where to hunt for documentation??

I'm not coming across anything on IBM's Tivoli portal, and the issue
doesn't ring any bells for me.

thanks!
lisa
w:573.751.1206