ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 upgrade

2010-07-29 13:55:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 upgrade
From: "Sheppard, Sam" <SSheppard AT SDDPC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:55:41 -0700
How about from 6.1.3.4 to 6.2?

Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Carol Trible
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:59 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi David,
The upgrade wizard, dsmupgdx, is only needed when going from a version 5
server to version 6. From 6.2.0 to 6.2.1, running the install of the code
is all that is required.

Carol Trible
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development

After running ./install.bin to upgrade, am I suppose to run dsmupgdx as
indicated in the message given at the end of the install process:

To upgrade an existing server instance, log in as root user or
administrator
and start the upgrade wizard, dsmupgdx, located in the server
installation
directory.

Or is the manual trying to tell me NOT to run dsmupgdx when it says:

Important: After a fix pack is installed, it is not necessary to go
through the configuration again.