ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Policy Domain Question

2010-07-27 12:21:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Policy Domain Question
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:20:30 -0400
-----Eric J. Jones wrote: -----

>I have a question on Policy Domain Name for the clients.
>On 1 of our TSM servers the Administrator created a different Policy
>Domain Name than is standard which is now being used.
>It is being used by a number of clients and has been for some time.
>Is there a way to rename the Policy Domain or is the only option to
>create a new one and change it on all the clients?  I'm trying to
>find the easiest way to get it back so we are using our standard
>naming convention.

As far as I know, there is no way to rename an existing policy
domain. The 'copy domain' command will create a new domain with
the same policy sets, management classes, and copy groups as an
existing domain. Note that it will not copy client schedules or
associations.

When you perform an 'update node' command to move a node to the
new policy domain you may need to have the client system
administrator restart the client scheduler service (Windows) or
process (Unix/Linux) after the update. My best guess, based on my
experience and postings from other sites, is that this is necessary
with prompted scheduling and is not necessary with polling
scheduling.