ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Export server error

2010-07-18 12:53:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Export server error
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:51:53 -0700
Hi David,

Everything u guys told me is in place....

- both source and target servers ping each other from the OS (the HLAddress
configured with the DEFINE SERVER)
- the admin user exists on both machines and have the same password
- the admin I´ve registered and use also exists on both TSM Servers and have
the
same password
- the LLAddress, TCP Port, is 1500 on both TSM Servers, which are installed on
separate physical machines
- the TCP Port 1500 is in LISTENING state on both machines (netstat -an)...both
servers are Windows 2003 Servers
- both hostnames are declared on each others HOSTS file
- there is NO FIREWALL or anything between these TSM Servers
- telnet on localhost on TCP Port 1500 accepts the connection on both machines

But....the PING SERVER command fail on both TSM Servers....

tsm: TSM_SOURCE>ping server tsm_target
ANR1705W Ping for server 'TSM_TARGET' was not able to establish a connection.
ANS8001I Return code 4.

tsm: TSM_TARGET>ping server tsm_source
ANR1705W Ping for server 'TSM_SOURCE' was not able to establish a  connection.
ANS8001I Return code 4.

Everything seems to be properly configured....what could be wrong or missing?

Any help is aprreciated.

Mario