ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM v6 - virtual volume deletion leaves archive objects on target server

2010-07-12 21:17:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - virtual volume deletion leaves archive objects on target server
From: "J. Pohlmann" <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 18:16:20 -0700
I am just wondering if other folks have encountered this problem where the
deletion of a virtual volume (for example as result of reclamation) on the
source server leaves the archive object "dangling" on the target server.
Delgraceperiod is the default of 5 days. Reconcile volumes fix=yes cleans it
all up again. I have seen this on TSM v6.1 and v6.2. TSM v5 works fine with
this default. Does anyone have a fix for this? I have been doing ad-hoc
periodic reconcile volumes for months on a v6 virtual volume environment
because I first suspected server-to-server communications problems, but then
saw the same thing happen in other installations.

Joerg Pohlmann

250-585-3711