ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Shrinking a disk pool

2010-07-09 09:53:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Shrinking a disk pool
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 09:51:41 -0400
Tsm server 5.5.4
Suse sles9 under VM 5.3

I have a TSM server running as back end storage for IBM content
manager/Ondemand and content manager itself.

The OnDemand piece uses archive storage and the content manager uses backups.

I would like to shrink the archive pool and re-allocate that storage to the
backup pool.

I have considered marking the re-allocatable olumes read only, then doing a
move data volume_name within the pool, then deleting the empty volume and
redefining to the backup pool.
Is there an easier  way that I haven't seen?