ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Side Effects of Removing Admins

2010-07-08 10:05:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Side Effects of Removing Admins
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:03:49 -0400
Good luck with removing the admin id.

My main co-admin is no longer employed with us. Thus his admin id touched
lots of things.  At first, I was not able to delete his id.  Every time I
tried to delete it, I got some kind of error that it was still in
needed/in use (or something like that).  From a previous post here (I
think it was Richard), I was told that every node he created (that has not
been modified by another admin) and I think storage pools, etc, want to
keep this "connection" and wouldn't let me delete the admin id.

I did lock the id so it could not be used.  Eventually, I was able to
delete it, but it took over a year.

Not sure if this restriction is still in place, since it was a long time
ago.
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University