ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] when TSM uses tape compression?

2010-07-07 08:08:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] when TSM uses tape compression?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:06:28 -0400
The values shown in the "Read Formats" and "Write Formats" fields of Query
DRive output are the values that can be specified with the FORMAT parameter of
the device class definition: they report capabilities, not what is in force at
the moment.  Your Devclass definition governs actual I/O methodology - where I
would not use a specification of "DRIVE" unless there was a really good reason
to not explicitly specify exactly what you want to happen, such as 3592C.
Taking defaults can be perilous.

    Richard Sims