ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Junior DBA with a first time recovery of a ms-sql server using tdp...

2010-07-02 09:23:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] Junior DBA with a first time recovery of a ms-sql server using tdp...
From: Jim Agnew/AC/VCU <agnew AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:20:27 -0400
Dear all,

It's been quite an learning experience here the last couple days..  one
of our biggest servers lost it's Raid system, and we had to rebuild..

using TDP,

of course, we restore the full backup, then the difffull, but does that
include the logs that show up between the full and the difffull?  we do
have data missing, is not using the intervening logs the culprit, even
tho the differentials (should?) have gotten it?

The senior DBA is attending a wedding overseas, and is out of touch.
Hence the sortof Newbie question.

Thanks one and all.

--
"Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html";