ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Select statement to only list backups with particular event status

2010-06-29 13:46:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Select statement to only list backups with particular event status
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:45:25 -0400
The only way to see status=Started jobs is if you perform a query while they
are under way: if you really wanted that, a cron job capture would take care of
it.  Running a query after all scheduled backups have finished will report
final status of Completed (or Missed or Failed), which is probably what you get
at 09:00.  And, of course, the Events table does not contain information for
backups which are independently performed on the client.

Such event information is superficial, of course...  The client administrator
should be reviewing backup logs (and the dsmerror.log!) for anomalies which may
be delaying backups (e.g., retries) or be causing individual files or whole
file systems to not get backed up (as in a Domain omission or forgotten, old
Exclude).

    Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs