ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] incremental backup of many millions of very small files

2010-06-26 13:54:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] incremental backup of many millions of very small files
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:54:07 -0400
Same here.  The files are 4K average in size (geological mapping data -
lots of png files).

Have you tried MEMORYEFFICIENT?

Windows 2003 32-bit

Yes, the backup start takes many hours due to getting the meta-data from
the TSM server on what files are backed up.  This can only be done with
MEMORYEFFICIENT on this many files or journaling so the client doesn't
have to download the meta-data.  You have to configure the journal
properly.