ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question

2010-06-23 03:36:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Copypool question
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:34:57 +0300
There is no way to copy only full backups, if any other backups are presented
in primary pools.

You have to expiry all previous backups before making copy - for example, just
change temporary copy groups to have 1 day retention.

Be careful with TSM database logs - do expiry process pool by pool and monitor
TSM database.

In general, I will advise you to copy all data to copy pools instead of
expiring previous backups.

Grigori G. Solonovitch

Senior Technical Architect

Information Technology  Ahli United Bank Kuwait http://www.ahliunited.com.kw

Phone: (+965) 2231-2274  Mobile: (+965) 99798073  E-Mail: Grigori.Solonovitch
AT ahliunited DOT com

Please consider the environment before printing this Email