ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ESXi and ESX

2010-06-22 16:35:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ESXi and ESX
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:33:51 -0400
Remco, Thanks for the Information

Regards
Tim

Remco Post wrote:

On 22 jun 2010, at 21:59, Timothy Hughes wrote:

Thanks Ray,

How can I  tell if the VCB Proxy can "see" the disk the VM is on?  This
VM is on a different Tier network so it may not be able to see I am not
positive  I just need a way to verify that I am correct.

the disks for the VMWare vmdk's must be on a SAN, and the proxy and the ESX(i)
servers all need access to those disks.

Also, and  this is to anyone who cares to respond, I read  " The
protecting VM with TSM document and it say's that along with the TSM
Client on Backup Proxy it needs the TSM  Client on VM for file restores
is that correct? Because at some point we were planning on stopping the
"Normal TSM Client Backup on some VM's and just do VM File-level and
Full backups.

Either that or you need to do a restore to an alternate location and map the
original disk to the proxy (cifs) or move the files after restore.

Thanks