ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Virtualnodename and access, what m I missing?

2010-06-18 09:59:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Virtualnodename and access, what m I missing?
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:58:50 +0000
Hello Gary,

Two thoughts.

1) if you use the virtualnodename option, I do not think that you have to use
the set access option.

2) I believe that you can use a global admin userid, a client admin userid or
the by default the client nodename. See the text below in which just hitting
enter would work.

 C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmc -virtualnodename=rocky-1
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface
  Client Version 5, Release 3, Level 4.0
  Client date/time: 06/18/2010 09:54:24
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2006. All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: ROCKY-1