ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Probably easy tsm client install question

2010-06-16 13:50:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Probably easy tsm client install question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:48:33 -0400
Hi Gary,

We have no inherent support for this functionality, but a couple of things
that seem to work:

Method 1. Launch the downloaded exe file like this:

   filename.exe -s -f x:\tsmpackages\uniquepackagename -e

where 'filename.exe' is the name of the TSM downloaded exe package, and
x:\uniquepackagename is the directory where you want the package extracted
to. "uniquepackagename" should represent the specific package. For example:

   6.2.1.0-TIV-TSMBAC-WinX32.exe -s -f t:\tsmpackages\client\tsm6210 -e

Note: the above method will launch the .exe in the background, so you will
not be able to easily monitor completion; though you could set up a little
more sophisticated script that includes monitoring of the process, watching
for it to go away.

Method 2. Some zip utilities might be able to extract the files. I've
successfully used 7-Zip to extract from a .exe file.

Stuff I have to say for what I hope are the obvious reasons: I make no
guarantees about either of these methods, or that they will continue to
work in the future; nor are they officially supported by IBM.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-06-16
10:40:58: