ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Vtl questions

2010-06-15 16:31:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] Vtl questions
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:30:31 -0400
Our installation is tsm v5.5.4 under suse linux sles 9 running as a guest under
vm 5.3.

We are out of disk on our ds8100, and, rather than license more disk, I am
considering a vtl and illiminate our onsite 3494.
So, I am looking for a place to start.
Sepaton seems very expensive, so wondering what else others are using.

1. What, if any, vtl is used in your tsm installation?

2. How does a file device class compare with a vtl in terms of manageability
and useability?

Thanks for any insites.

database 5199 (20100615) __________

http://www.eset.com