ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] slowness with Storage Manager Admin Center 6.2

2010-06-14 14:21:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] slowness with Storage Manager Admin Center 6.2
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:19:28 -0400
                I'm running a new install of the 6.2.0.0 version of the
Storage Manager Admin Center on a VM box. It's loaded on Windows 2008 R2
Standard (64-bit) with a pair of 2.66 GHz CPUs with 4 gig of memory.
It's dedicated to TSM support and nothing else is loaded on the machine.
It's pointed to a pair of separate TSM servers, the production system
running 5.5.4.1 and a test system running 6.1.0.0.

                According to the product info screen the WebSphere is at
7.5.1.0, Java is Standard Edition IBM Corporation 1.5.0, VM is IBM J9 VM
2.3.

                The task manager within the OS says the server is not
busy at all and appears to have plenty of available power. The numbers
from the ESX server also tell me the box isn't being stressed.

                When I go into the webpage for the Admin Center via IE
or Firefox on my desktop (or others) it's just painfully slow.  If I
want to modify a client node in Client Nodes and Backup Sets tab I have
to wait for 10-15 seconds for the page to refresh. Then if I make a
change then I have to wait several more seconds for another refresh. And
so on.

                It doesn't matter if I'm hitting the production server
or the test server, both take 10-15 seconds for something to happen.

                I really like the new look of the Admin Center but this
is slowness is killing me.

                Do I have something wrong here?

David Tyree
Interface Analyst
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
copies of the original message.