ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL vs SQL dumps

2010-06-09 17:25:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL vs SQL dumps
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:24:29 -0500
We have done that in the past and it worked just fine.  We built the "SQL Dump"
on our backup server (not TSM at the time) and that allowed the backup server
to dump the data straight to tape.  We also had a batch process to move the
files to the bit bucket after they got "old".
The TDP is much simpler, but as long as the DBAs are happy and aware I am not
worried.

Andy Huebner