ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] sql statement

2010-06-04 12:19:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] sql statement
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 12:18:19 -0400
-----Ashish Sharma wrote: -----

>Could anyone provide me a sql statement which can check if any copy
>storage pool volume is mounted in tape drive at the moment? I need
>this to configure script for my DRP.

select volume_name from drives where volune_name in
  (select volume_name from stgpools where stgpool_name in
     (select stgpool_name from stgpools where pooltype='COPY'))

I am not at all sure this will work if your TSM server runs under
z/OS or one of its ancesters; z/OS handles a lot of the tape and
library support that is built into TSM on other platforms.

There seem to be some timing issues in TSM reporting of tape
status. We used to have an automation script that detected the
dismounting of the last copy pool tape by executing a 'query
mount' command each time a message reporting that a tape had
been dismounted appeared in the consoled message stream. The
'query mount' command would routinely report a tape volume as
still mounted for a fraction of a second after TSM displayed
a message reporting that the volume had been dismounted. We
had to put a 'sleep' command in the script to delay execution
of 'query mount' by one second.