ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Export Node in TSM...

2010-06-04 07:19:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Export Node in TSM...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:16:15 -0400
On Jun 3, 2010, at 10:59 PM, M KIRAN KUMAR wrote:

> Can u tell me if we export a node directly to a server will that exported
> node be visible in the client node list with file spaces on the target
> server for data retrivals?

Providing that the export-import was successful, the target server should then
contain all the information which the source server transferred.  Check the
Activity Log for evidence of what actually occurred.  You need to be mindful of
the possibility of pre-existing nodes and filespaces on the target server which
have the same names as in the data being imported: the Admin Guide manual
describes the handling of that situation.

    Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs/