ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] APAR resolution and maintenance releases

2010-06-03 11:42:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] APAR resolution and maintenance releases
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:41:34 -0400
I have a question about APAR resolutions when it comes to "maintenance
releases" vs "patch release".

I have a Windoz client with problems that seem to be addressed in APAR
IC65825.

The solution/temporary fix says: "A fix for this problem is available in
interim fix level 6.1.3.2. If you use the TSM 5.5, 6.1, or 6.2 server,
then you can apply TSM client version 6.1.3.2 (or higher 6.1.3.x  level)."

No mention of 6.2.x

When I Google the APAR #, no hits related to 6.2.x, just 6.1.x and 5.5.x.

Do I "assume" it is fixed in 6.2.x (since 6.2 is a "maintenance release")
or take the "if it isn't listed in the 6.2.x docs then it isn't fixed in
6.2.x"
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University