ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tdp sql questions

2010-05-28 00:55:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tdp sql questions
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 00:54:01 -0400
Hi Gary

what are you trying to accomplish with your frequent diffutils?

How about this

evening window - log backup (truncate=yes) followed by full backup
every two hours - log backup (truncate=no) followed by VSS backup to local
disk

Configure it to keep 2 days of VSS snapshots, if you have the space

If you need to restore your database, but still have the underlying disk,
you can restore from the VSS copy and roll forward to the point of failure
(or to the point where the DBA trashed something he shouldn't )

If you lose the disk, restore from full backup and roll forward your logs
to the last available log backup.  Have enough space in your storage pool
to keep the whole day's log backups if restore time is an issue.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin