ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3.3 migration processes appear to idle

2010-05-25 15:44:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3.3 migration processes appear to idle
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:43:29 -0400
Wanda,
I am seeing something roughly similar, but different enough that it may be
irrelevant to your question-- or well understood, but not by me.

My TSM server is on LInux and is at 5.5.4.1.  A backup of a primary tape pool
to an offsite library is scripted to start 11 processes, assuming unneeded
processes will terminate. Today, it starts all eleven processes, but only one
actually copies files offsite. The others are idle, but have not allocated tape
drives, and have not terminated. They look like this:

789     Backup Storage Pool      Primary Pool 3584INBA, Copy Pool ICTCCOPY,
Files
                                       Backed Up: 0, Bytes Backed Up: 0,
Unreadable
                                       Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current