ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Force a Exchange Restore

2010-05-20 04:21:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] Force a Exchange Restore
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:20:30 +0200
Hi,
This is probably a question from Del.

My environment is following
TSM Server: 6.1.3.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2
Client Level: 6.1.3.0 and TDP version 6.1.1.0
Exchange version: 2003 with SP2

But is it possible to force a Exchange restore in MS Exchange TDP?
When I open the TDP for Exch, then do I see my Second Storage Group, but no
data.

When I look in TSM Server Tablespaces BACKUP and FILESPACES
Then can I see my Exchange data but not High Level Name \meta\ or \log\.
But I can see all my data in that storage group.

************** SELECT FROM BACKUPS **************
NODE_NAME: SRVxxx_EXCH
FILESPACE_NAME: SRVxxx\Second Storage Group
FILESPACE_ID: 3
STATE: ACTIVE_VERSION
TYPE: FILE
HL_NAME: \data\0000\Mailbox database G-I\
LL_NAME: full
OBJECT_ID: 88943491
BACKUP_DATE: 2010-05-06 22:18:09.000000
DEACTIVATE_DATE:
OWNER:
CLASS_NAME: EXCHANGE

************** Q FILESPACE **************
Node Name: SRVxxx_EXCH
Filespace Name: SRVxxx\Second Storage
Group
Hexadecimal Filespace Name:
FSID: 3
Platform: TDP MSExchg
Filespace Type: API:ExcData
Is Filespace Unicode?: No
Capacity (MB): 0.0
Pct Util: 0.0
Last Backup Start Date/Time: 05/06/2010 22:18:09
Days Since Last Backup Started: 14
Last Backup Completion Date/Time: 05/09/2010 12:57:20
Days Since Last Backup Completed: 11
Last Full NAS Image Backup Completion Date/Time:
Days Since Last Full NAS Image Backup Completed:

************** Q OCCUPANCY **************
SRVxxx_EXCH Bkup SRVxxx\Second Storage Group     3 DISKPOOL           9
504,686.88 523,697.75

As you see, the backup took over 2 days. But that is a network issue that we
try to solve.
Is it possible to restore this data or not?

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms