ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] T950 Library experiences

2010-05-19 11:18:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] T950 Library experiences
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:16:58 -0500
Good Morning,
I can tell you about the hardware itself.
We have two T950s in use now. Purchased one in 2008 the other was purchased in
January.
Both are LTO-4 with 10 drives.
The hardware is rock solid. We have not had to place a call on either.
We have 24/7 maintenance now but are considering reducing it to 9X5.

As far as the drives... No read or write errors in 2 years.
We loaded up 10 cleaning tapes 2 years ago and the drives have been cleaned 9
times each.

We don't plan on using partitioning at this time but we'll see how that plays
out in the future.

The terapacks are physically durable but we don't remove them from the library.