ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Does TSM Have a way to Automatically Determine How many CPUS

2010-05-06 16:33:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Does TSM Have a way to Automatically Determine How many CPUS
From: "Thorneycroft, Doug" <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:31:03 -0700
I found a freeware utility called WinAudit.exe
It collects system information on Windows Servers, including
processor information. It took me about 20 minutes to automate
the collection on all my clients using a simple batch file run
from my workstation.

The utility collects a huge amount of info, but has switches to limit
what it collects, and can output in text, Html, CSV etc.

Here is a sample from the output:

The first section of the output (System Overview) shows the number of
processors.
(Two on this server)
----------------------

----------------------
| Computer Name         | XXXXX
|
| Domain Name           | XXXXX
|
| Site Name             | XXXXX
|
| Roles                 | Workstation, Server, Non-Domain Controller
Server, Backup Browser  |
| Description           | -
|
| Operating System      | Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard
Edition 32-Bit           |
| Manufacturer          | HP
|
| Model                 | ProLiant DL380 G4

| Serial Number         |

| Asset Tag             |

| Number Of Processors  | 2
|
| Processor Description | Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.40GHz
|
| Total Memory          | 3072MB
|
| Total Hard Drive      | 437GB
|
| Display               | Minicom LTD Smart Plus, 15.7" (32cm x 24cm)
|
| BIOS Version          | HP - 2

| User Account          |

| System Uptime         | 57 Days, 8 Hours, 16 Minutes
|
| Local Time            | 2010-05-06 10:20:00

----------------------

Then in the Detailed Information Section, it tells how many Logical
processors and how many cores for each processor.

Detailed Information
| Item                             | Value         |
| Processor Number                 | 1             |
| Logical Processors               | 2             |
| Number Cores                     | 1             |
| Vendor String                    | GenuineIntel  |
| Family                           | 15            |
| Model                            | 4             |
| Stepping                         | 1             |