ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler problem with Windows 2008

2010-05-04 08:12:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler problem with Windows 2008
From: tjackson5512 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:11:03 -0400
tjackson5512 wrote:
> Good Afternoon,
> I am having trouble configuring TSM Backup Client on Windows 2008 clients.
> The version ont he server is TSM 5.4.5.1 and the Windows Client is 5.5.2.12.
> After scheduling a test backup with the TSM server, the Client does not start
> at the sscheduled time. When I refresh the TSM services on the client the
> backup starts till completed. I have removed and re-installed the TSM Backup
> Client at least 3-4 times. I am not sure if it is a McAfee Virus scanner
> problem or a Windows 2008 firewall problem.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem with Win 2008 before? [Shocked] I have submitted
> a ticket to IBM software support and to date haven't gotten much help. Does
> TSM 6.1 have better luck with Windows 2008? [Question]
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution Found -

I had setup a test backup on four of the Windows 2008 clients that weren't
backing up and low and behold it was the Windows 2008 Firewall. I had added all
of the dsm commands and also added port 1501. The backups kicked off on time
and I did not have to refresh the TSM Services. The backups ran without issue.
[Laughing]