ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] mediawait during backup to disk

2010-05-03 08:55:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] mediawait during backup to disk
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 07:48:14 -0500
Smaller storage pool volumes and more of them.  Then TSM only has to
open and use what it needs at the time, and more processes can be run
successfully at the same time.  Of course this all depends on how much
RAM and processor power you have as well.  The Single LUN shouldn't be a
problem as long as you have a good queue depth, but I would definitely
break up the pool into multiple volumes.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!