ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] mediawait during backup to disk

2010-05-02 11:21:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] mediawait during backup to disk
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:19:52 -0400
Allen,
Thank you for that bit of advice. It was just what I needed. The
question of how small to make the TSM volumes was on my mind.

Our disk pools are on Hitachi AMS2300 SAS drives. We have use of six
2 TB LUNs.  One volume group is defined per LUN, then 14 TSM volumes
per VG at 125 GB. The TSM volumes are defined to the storage pools
going across (then down) the volume groups rather than simply down one
volume group at a time.  Our database is on USP-V.

If you or others wish to offer any more specific advice about this
architecture I would be glad to receive it.

With my thanks and best wishes,
Keith