ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Active Log --- Trouble

2010-04-05 05:40:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Active Log --- Trouble
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:39:55 +0200
The TSM logfiles are indeed 500GB in size, as you noticed. Are there more than
20? All in you activelog directory? Is this a separate, dedicated, filesystem,
as recommended? You can increase the size of the active log by changing the
activelogsize parameter in your dsmserv.opt, but I doubt that this will do
anything, since DB2 is not actually using the allocated space.

What are the symptoms? Other than filling up your filesystem? Is TSM suffering
in any way?

On 5 apr 2010, at 06:37, Gibin wrote:

> I am using TSM v6.1.2 on WIN 2003 R2 Server with 12 client nodes . The active
> log defined in TSM options file is 10 GB but it is using 39 GB space on the
> file-system and i had done several DB backups for 10 days now ,still the
> active log size does not reduce .
>
> dsmserv.opt
> ACTIVELOGSize 10240
> ACTIVELOGDirectory g:\active_log
> ARCHLOGDirectory h:\Archive_log
>
> I checked the log usage value from TSM , seems to be just 18 MB from tsm query
> tsm: SERV-BACKUP02>q log f=d
>
> Total Space(MB): 10,240
> Used Space(MB): 18.57
> Free Space(MB): 39,761.43
> Active Log Directory: g:\active_log
> Mirror Log Directory:
> Archive Failover Log Directory:
> Archive Log Directory: h:\Archive_log
>
> I also have enough space in the archive log directory .I just can't
> understand whats filling the active log ???
>
> I added some more disk space to the active log file-system and need to expand
> it in TSM. I  tried to increase the size of active log to 59GB in dsmserv.opt
> and restarted the server ,but the server wont  come up then
>
> Need advice on what needs to be done .....
>
> 1) Why is the active log directory being filled up with  500 mb files and i
> am sure nothing is being recorded in the actv log as u can see in tsm query
>
> 2) how to increase the size of actv log  to 59 gb?

> |This was sent by gibin.g AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl
+31 6 248 21 622