ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Return code 4 from multiple process command

2010-03-31 10:54:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Return code 4 from multiple process command
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:53:01 -0400
We have a 5.4.2.0 TSM server running under mainframe Linux. We use
multiple processes for both storage pool backups and migrations.
We are seeing the following sequence of events with annoying
frequency:

1.One of the processes for a command is cancelled (usually to make
  a drive available for a restore).
2.The surviving processes carry out the planned data movement.
3.The command ends with return code 4.
4.Our housekeeping script stops because of the non-zero return code.
5.A TSM administrator has to restart the script.

Can I safely assume that a 'backup stgpool' or 'migrate stgpool'
command that ends with return code 4 completed the data movement it
was supposed to perform?