ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 5.5.4.1 and log issues

2010-03-30 09:38:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] 5.5.4.1 and log issues
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:36:15 -0400
I recently upgraded our Linux 5.5.3 server to 5.5.4.1.

Since then, I have had numerous sleepless nights due to being called about
the log consumption rising to above 90% and being pinned.

I narrowed the problem down to a  Oracle TDP backup pinning the log.

I did some quick Googling (at 3am) and found a discussion about breaking
up long/large Oracle backups into chunks.

I presented this to the owner of the node.  He made the suggested changes
but wants to know what has changed since his backup size (~90G) hasn't
changed for a long time.  In the past, his backup would go idle and
timeout.  He asked if I had changed something.

I checked my server options and nothing has changed when it comes to
IDLETIMEOUT or COMMTIMEOUT.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems with 5.5.4.x ?
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services