ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Longish term backup of sqlserver db question

2010-03-19 11:10:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Longish term backup of sqlserver db question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:09:49 -0400
Hi Gary,

How long do you want to keep the older backups on the TSM Server?

Many times I see customers set their policy based on time not versions.
For example, to keep the DP/SQL backups for 3 years:
   VEREXISTS nolimit
   VERDELETED nolimit
   RETEXTRA 1095
   RETONLY 1095

But... it all depends on how long you want to retain them.
... or if you want the old versions to be purged when
the new backup is taken... etc.
You would need to modify the policy settings accordingly.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 03/19/2010
08:57:21 AM: