ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Questions about ITDT and tapeutil

2010-03-18 11:48:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Questions about ITDT and tapeutil
From: "John D. Schneider" <john.schneider AT COMPUTERCOACHINGCOMMUNITY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:47:23 -0700
Greetings,

I recently upgraded the Atape drivers on a system, and happened to run
tapeutil a couple weeks later, and it spit out:

ATTENTION:  Tapeutil provides only a subset of device and command
support that
            the IBM Tape Diagnostic Tool (ITDT) provides. The functions
and
            capabilities of tapeutil are now performed by ITDT.
            Please use ITDT in place of tapeutil, as tapeutil is
deprecated.

So I installed ITDT, and went to run that utility, and when I did it
spit out:

     IBM Tape Diagnostic Tool Standard Edition - V4.0.0 Build 023

     Entry Menu

     [S] Scan for tape drives (Diagnostic/Maintenance Mode)
     [U] Tapeutil (Expert Mode)

     [H] Help
     [Q] Quit program

So when I run tapeutil it says I should stop using it, and use ITDT
instead.  But when I run ITDT, it just calls tapeutil itself!  Am I the
only person who fails to see the logic in this?

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721