ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changing attributes

2010-03-18 10:38:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changing attributes
From: "Clark, Margaret" <MClark AT SDDPC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:39:38 -0700
Thomas Denier wrote: " We have always been able to clean this up by removing
and recreating the service. We did not need to deinstall the client software or
manually remove registry keys."

That's fine as long as the client releases are relatively recent.  Somewhere in
the client history, TSM changed how it uses the registry, and you can get some
very mysterious failures.
Mysterious failures also happen when a Windows client is upgraded without first
removing the services.  The services registry key has to be manually corrected
before the "multiple schedulers may be active" warnings will stop.

- Margaret