ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Clients Licenses and CPUs ?

2010-03-18 07:34:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Clients Licenses and CPUs ?
From: Grigori Solonovitch <G.Solonovitch AT BKME DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:33:20 +0300
Hello Farren,

I think you can search ADSM - it was discussed already.

Anyway, there are 2 options:

1) use something called CPU2TSM;

2) use TSMExplorer (www.s-iberia.com<http://www.s-iberia.com/>).

I am using TSMExplorer, where there is a possibility to prepare report
"Collected Client information" by just one click.

This report contains a lot of information including number of cores, CPU model
and platform. It supports IBM logical partitions (counts cores) and
micro-partitions (counts 0.1 cores).

PVU calculation for IBM licenses takes minutes. I can send you some examples by
direct mail.

Kindest regards,

Grigori G. Solonovitch

Senior Technical Architect

Information Technology  Bank of Kuwait and Middle East  http://www.bkme.com

Phone: (+965) 2231-2274  Mobile: (+965) 99798073  E-Mail: G.Solonovitch AT bkme
DOT com

Please consider the environment before printing this Email