ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Exchange Restore never ends

2010-03-13 06:50:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Exchange Restore never ends
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 06:42:27 -0500
Christian,

What you are describing is not a bug and is expected behavior.

If you would like IMR to use a different location for
restoring the temporary files used during the IMR restore,
set the TEMPLOGRESTOREPATH and TEMPDBRESTOREPATH.

I encourage you to take a look at the book or the online help.

Here is a direct excerpt from the book:
   Temporary space is needed to accommodate the mailbox database
   during mailbox restore operations. Specify the location of this
   temporary space by setting these two parameters in the
   Data Protection for Exchange configuration file with the
   tdpexcc set command:

    * TEMPDBRESTorepath
      If you choose to not enter a path, the default value of
TEMPDBRESTorepath
      is the value of the TEMP environment variable.

    * TEMPLOGRESTorepath
      If you choose to not enter a path, the default value of
TEMPLOGRESTorepath
      is the value of the TEMP environment variable.

The online help has a similar description.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 03/13/2010
03:57:04 AM: