ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Migration to a new SAN Switch

2010-03-11 14:27:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Migration to a new SAN Switch
From: woodbm <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:26:38 -0500
Hello all,

I need some help.  I recently moved to a new Brocade SAN switch running 4 GB.
My copy pools, which interface through a SAN switch and down the DWDN to get to
my copy pool library which interfaces the same way, are running very poorly.
They average around 7 MB/s.  Prior to the move we were running around 40 MB/s.
I am using a EMC EDL4100 VTL.  I have run diagnostics on the library and that
doesn't seem to be the issue.  It has to be some setting on the new switch,
however I am not a SAN expert.  We are running TSM 5.5.2 on AIX 6.1.  I would
appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks
Bryan