ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Collocation Groups Reclamation and Restore

2010-03-09 14:01:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Collocation Groups Reclamation and Restore
From: Francisco Molero <fmolero AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:01:06 -0800
Hi TSMers,

I have some questions about Collocation Groups Reclamation and restore.

First, my environment I have a Tape STGpool with 3 Collocation Groups and 10
nodes per Group.

1.- When one volume is reclaimed in this pool. How TSM does the reclamation?
moving files from one node from Volume to Scratch one or TSM moves all nodes in
the CG at the same time without distinction  ?

2.- When TSM restores files from these tapes. Does it restore all files in a
sequential way ?. I mean TSM is reading the tape from the beginning and if it
finds files to belong to this TSM Client from different directories it restores
independently of the directory which this files belong  or TSM server prepares
a list of file and it is looking one per one in the tape... or Which is the
procedure ?

3.- In case of migration, if we don't have CG TSM migrates files per node. What
happens if we have CG ?

4.- In case we have a lanfree backup with 4 parallel sessions , is CG suitable
for this TSM Clients ?

5.- Last question, in order to restore the client node. Are there differences
between these procedure and multiplexing competitors ones ? ...

Thanks,

Fran