ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Long running backup pinning log

2010-03-05 16:32:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Long running backup pinning log
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:31:40 -0500
Hi Zoltan,

Is the long-running backup working on system state? I haven't found a
direct cause --> effect relationship to client APAR IC63094, but take a
look at that APAR and see if, after applying the fix, the problem you are
seeing goes away.

I should mention to all: IC63094 describes a problem with long-running
system state backups. This APAR may be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-03-05
16:26:01:

> [image removed]
>
> Long running backup pinning log
>
> Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 2010-03-05 16:26
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> I recently started having issues with my log going over 80% (5.5.3).
Doing