ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM support for VADP

2010-03-04 10:47:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM support for VADP
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:46:08 -0500
 From the TSM 6.2 announcement letter:
>In addition, Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 and Tivoli Storage Manager Extended
>Edition V6.2 leverage the VMware vStorage application programming interface
>(API) for file-level backup and recovery.

Can someone from IBM confirm that this is the same as what VMware is calling
VADP (VMware API for Data Protection)?

Also, will VADP support be provided in any earlier versions of TSM, or must we
upgrade to 6.2 to get this support?

Thank you.
..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521