ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM time Travel

2010-02-22 17:43:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM time Travel
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:42:12 -0500
Hello Again,

I have a client with a requirement to perform testing at different times
into the future.  They wish to set the clocks, backup, do some testing,
backup,  set the clock again, and so on.

They wish to be able to roll forward and *backward* to any time that they
have tested at.

Now I realize that the TSM scheduler will have conniptions if the server
time is too far out.  Assuming that we kick off a backup by some other
means, will TSM handle being able to roll back and forth in this manner?
Will the client be able to see a backup on march 1 that was taken at a
client time setting of October 1 2010?

Any pointers/gotchas  gladly received.

Regards

Steve