ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange SCR or CCR Clustering

2010-02-22 16:41:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange SCR or CCR Clustering
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:39:26 -0500
Mario,

The "x" just means that you cannot selectively "choose" a
single database for backup. Backup can only be done at the Storage Group
level.
Even if there is only one database in the storage group, you need to
choose the entire storage group so the transaction logs for that
storage group are backed up as well. This is normal operation.

Did you try selecting the entire storage group for backup?

If you are still having problem, IBM support can help you get going, I am
sure.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 02/22/2010
04:18:16 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: Exchange SCR or CCR Clustering
>
> Mario Behring
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 02/22/2010 04:19 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> Del,
>
> I´ve checked with the Exch guys....the configuration is SCC.....but
> the Legacy backup is behaving like I´ve told you before.....there is
> no error, but it copies nothing.
>
> The strange thing for me is why the checkbox from the Mailbox
> Database from First Storage Group and Second Storage Group on the
> Backup window appears with an X instead of unchecked.....
>
> I believe this maybe the reason the backup is not copying
> anything.....I just don´t know how to change this............or even
> if this is something to be solved on the TDP side or on the
Exchangeitself....

> Mario

Services